Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas! (A little early)

Hi everyone. I know that Christmas is a week away, but I just wanted to mention something.

I've been familiar with Charity: Water for a short time now, but the work they are doing astounds me. They're working tirelessly to bring clean, safe water to people in developing countries. Approximately 1 in 6 people living on this planet doesn't have adequate water to drink much less for hygiene and sanitation. What's sad is that it only takes $20 to provide a person in these third world locations with 20 years of clean water.


I don't often urge people to spend money or make donations, but if you can spare even a few dollars, every cent goes toward these projects. And even if you don't contribute to Charity: Water, I hope you will learn about them and pass on this information to others.

If Charity: Water isn't your calling, consider the Salvation Army. You can even start your own online red bucket for your website or blog. How cool is that? Or you can donate to my online red bucket. (Click here to start your own.)

Banner Ad for Red Kettle
Personal fundraising widget for 2009 Red Kettle campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sam-in-Progress | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates